Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy after all this time...

Finally! It only took me 12 weeks to get here, but I am finally happy about being pregnant. I owe some of this emotional change to my sister, Jenni, but I owe a lot more to God. After a very nice conversation with my sister the other day, I decided to take her advice and stop trying to do everything on my own. I gave a lot of my problems over to Him and things are starting to improve.

For starters, I spoke to the office manager of my obstetrician's office and they offered to give me an ultrasound FOR FREE (due to my lack of insurance currently). That's $450 I don't have to worry about. Then, I got a letter today from the Virginia Employment Commission granting my request for unemployment benefits. $58 a week for 16 weeks and I can file another claim if I am still unemployed at that time. The only thing I have left is to attempt to get on Medicaid for insurance (which occurs Monday morning). I'm going to keep praying and just let God handle it.

The only thing I wish would change is that my emotions would stop running away with me. I still can't seem to stop crying at the drop of a hat. Just show me something sad or let me hear something sad and I'm a weeping mess! Oh well, baby steps right?

No comments:

Post a Comment